- Hinge Length – The length of the leaves measured parallel to the pin.
- Open Hinge Width – Overall dimension measured perpendicular to the pin.
- Leaf – The portion of a hinge extending from the knuckle which revolves around a pin.
- Leaf Width – Measured from the center of the pin to the outer edge of the leaf.
- Knuckle – The circular part of a hinge through which a pin is passed.
- Pin – Diameter of rod, which runs parallel to the length of the image.
- Knuckle Length – Individual knuckle measured parallel to the pin.
- End Play – The amount of axial movement between the leaves.
- Paint Clearance – The space dimension from the knuckle edge to the adjacent leaf edge.
Reference the visual schematic to the right.